Wrongful Death of a Child in Spokane, WA

Spokane Wrongful Death Lawyers

Losing a child is one of the most painful and tragic experiences one can experience. These situations are even harder to face when the death was unexpected and caused by another’s actions. Wrongful death claims involve holding a party accountable for their negligence, misconduct, or criminal activity that resulted in the death of a loved one. Although no amount of monetary compensation can make up for your loss at this time, wrongful death claims are one of the primary ways that our law allows for individuals to seek justice for their loss.

Our Spokane wrongful death attorneys are compassionate and client-focused. We care first and foremost about your well-being and best interests. Contact a firm you can trust during this difficult time by calling (509) 444-4444.

Washington State Legislature, 1998 c 237 § 1., states the following:

“The legislature intends to provide a civil cause of action for wrongful injury or death of a minor child to a mother or father, or both, if the mother or father has had significant involvement in the child's life, including but not limited to, emotional, psychological, or financial support."

A parent who at least “regularly contributed” to supporting the child may file a wrongful death claim, either alone or jointly with the other parent. Parents must file the claim within three years from the date of their child’s death.

With the help of an experienced attorney, you may be able to secure compensation for the following:

  • Medical expenses related to the child’s condition prior to death
  • Expenses related to burial and funeral
  • Loss of services and support that the child had rendered to his or her parents
  • Damages for emotional pain and suffering after losing the child

Seek Justice for Your Child

At Sweetser Law Office, we value honesty, reliability, and integrity in all that we do. We have handled wrongful death claims for over 35 years, and are prepared to do the same for you.

Get the legal support you need. You may submit our quick and easy contact form to inform us of your case and to request a free case review. You may also give us a call at (509) 444-4444.