Injuries Resulting from Pharmaceutical Drugs
It is estimated that 1.5 million Americans are harmed by prescription errors every year. If you were injured or harmed due to a medical professional giving you the wrong medication, or if you were harmed due to the medication being defective, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you or a loved one were injured by a dangerous medication or prescription, our Spokane personal injury lawyers are here to advocate for you. We are client-focused and dedicated to being up-front and honest about our legal services.
Do not hesitate to contact Sweetser Law Office today for a free case review, during which we can evaluate your claim and provide our legal counsel.
Personal injury cases involving prescription or pharmaceutical drugs can fall into two categories. In a product liability case, we would be identifying a fault with the medication itself. The liable parties in this type of case might be the medication’s manufacturer or the testing laboratory where the drug was assessed. In a medical malpractice case, your injury was brought about by the negligence or misconduct of a medical professional. Therefore, potential liable parties would include your doctor, a pharmacy/pharmacist, or a hospital/clinic.
Prescription errors that fall under “Product Liability” include:
- The medication was manufactured improperly or became tainted, causing illness or injury
- The medication yielded dangerous side effects. These cases may even involve healthcare professionals concealing the risks and possible side effects from the patient.
- The medication lacked warnings about the side effects or instructions for how to properly take the medication.
Prescription errors that fall under “Medical Malpractice” include:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Prescribing the wrong dosage of a medication
- Prescribing a medication for a misdiagnosed condition
- Prescribing medication that has an adverse reaction to the patient, such as a known allergy
- Prescribing medication that dangerously interacts with other medications the patient is currently taking
- The hospital or pharmacy makes an error by filling the wrong prescription for the patient
Representation from Our Spokane Injury Lawyers
With over 35 years’ of experience standing up for injury victims, the team at Sweetser Law Office knows how to secure a victory in your prescription error case. If you were harmed due to someone else’s error and negligence, we will fight for justice on your behalf.