Spokane Civil Rights Lawyer
Sweetser Law Office Protects Victims of Discrimination, Civil Rights Deprivations, and Hate Crimes
Are you a victim of civil rights deprivations? Contact the Sweetser Law Office for aggressive representation and a free case review!
Over time, the civil rights we uphold have made America a shining beacon of hope to the entire world. They are the source of our freedoms and liberties. Our civil rights are the foundational fabric of our daily lives, providing us the right to speak and live freely in a just civil society.
Through Civil Rights, we are guaranteed:
- Freedom of Speech
- Right to Privacy
- Equal Protection Under the Laws
- Protection from Discrimination
- Right to Due Process
- The Right to a Jury Trial
When a person’s civil rights have been taken it not only violates the promise of America but inherently dehumanizes us all. While every civil rights violation is inherently harmful, Sweetser Law Office specializes in providing legal representation for victims who have been seriously injured physically, emotionally, or financially.
What Are Our Civil Rights?
The United States Constitution, the Washington State Constitution, and certain state and federal laws guarantee and protect our civil rights. Two major Congressional Acts, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, have defined and protected specific rights over time.
Violations of civil rights can take many forms:
- A hate crime is committed based solely on a person’s race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, orientation, or religion.
- A landlord or business owner refuses to make a building accessible, resulting in a serious fall for the disabled person simply trying to enter the building.
- A police officer commits misconduct under the color of law - such as brutality, excessive use of force, wrongful death, or a search of a home without probable cause.
- A violent assault is committed simply based on the color of a person’s skin, where they come from, what they look like, who they love, or what God they worship.
- A peeping tom invades another's privacy by secretly recording the private affairs in a home or bedroom, or publishes photos on the internet.
Sweetser Law Office protects the rights of those who have been victimized or violated by enforcing the laws that hold wrongdoers accountable. We believe that each individual should be treated equally and if they are not, they should seek and receive justice when their rights have been compromised.
Everyone deserves to be treated with the same level of dignity and respect under the law. Regardless of one’s religion, race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or level of disability, regardless of whether it is in our private lives, at business establishments, or through government agencies and law enforcement - everyone has the right to be live without discrimination, intrusion into their private affairs, or extra risks merely because a disability limits the range of abilities. When these things happen, Sweetser Law Office commitment is to fight for justice.
When the rights granted to you as a citizen have been violated, Spokane civil rights attorney, James R. Sweetser, will evaluate your case honestly with you, and help you obtain the justice you deserve. Get your free case review at (509) 444-4444 today!